Build your own tiles and metrics using in-tile filters
With Dear Lucy, you can build pretty much any tile you would like to have using an existing tile from the Dear Lucy and then applying a filter to the tile. Applying custom or standard filters to any of the hundreds of ready-made filters in Dear Lucy literally allows users to build thousands of their own new sales metrics in Dear Lucy.
To build your own tile using an in-tile filter, please proceed with the following steps:
1. Select an appropriate tile from the Tile Gallery that you would like to modify. From the edit dashboard view, press "+ Add Tile From Gallery" button, and then locate the tile you would like to modify. In the example below, we're picking "Added to pipeline this week".
2. Once you have added the tile, you can press the "edit tile" button (the pen icon on the top right corner of the specific tile"
Once the Edit Tile pop-up is open, press the "+ Add Filter" button.
3. Under the "Filter" field, you will see 3 separate fields that need to be populated, and these will further expand based on your selections.
i) Filter Name --> Choose a descriptive name for the filter. This will be visible in the dashboard view when you hover your mouse over the filter icon.
ii) Filter Source --> You can select any of the standard fields Dear Lucy pull in from your CRM (including sales Activities), or any other Custom fields you may have added to your Dear Lucy beforehand.
iii) Select Filter --> From the dropdown list, select the field name that you would like to filter from. In the example below we have selected one of the Standard fields, "Sales by person".
iv) Once a filter has been selected, two additional boxes are added. Under the first box, called "Select Filter Dimensions", choose from the dropdown list the dimensions that you would like to include or exclude from the tile. In the example below, we want to see only sales from "Sales Dear Lucy". Please note that you can pick one or many dimensions.
v) In the last field, you can decide whether you want the dimensions to be Included or Excluded.
4. Once you have made all selections and populated all fields, press "Ok". This will ensure that the changes to the filters applied to the tile are saved.
5. The next step is to press either "Save" or "Save as New Tile to Gallery". If you only press Save, the tile will be saved to the dashboard you're currently on, but it will not be available in the Tile Gallery. Meaning that you will not be able to add this tile to any other dashboard. If you press "Save as New Tile to Gallery", then the tile will be saved both to your current dashboard and it will also be available in the Tile Gallery.
6. If you press "Save as New Tile to Gallery" you will also be prompted to rename the tile. Please choose a descriptive name for the tile, this will make it a lot easier to identify from the Tile Gallery later on, and also easier for people to know that they're looking at new tile with filters applied.
When you return to the dashboard view, you can see that a filter icon is visible on the tile, together with a description that is visible when you hold the mouse over the icon.
There are hundreds of ready-made tiles in Dear Lucy already, with different calculations and time periods. The possibility of adding standard or custom filters to these ready-made tiles, literally gives the users the ability to create thousands of new tiles in Dear Lucy.