Standard fields from most source systems are available as drop-down dimension filters to your dashboards. It is also possible to add custom fields from your source system as drop-down filter by contacting email@example.com. If you have implemented drop-down filters, they are located on top your dashboard metrics.
Drop-down filters allow you to quickly filter data on the dashboard. Selecting a specific dimension will change all the figures on the dashboard to show only data for the selected dimension, or dimensions if you have several filters activated.
By default the dashboards will show aggregated data. However, if you have a drop-down filter on your dashboard, you can also make the the drop-downs act as constant filters to your dashboard. In other words, you can make the dashboard filter out all data you don't want to see by default, without making any selection in the drop-down menus.
This can be especially useful for dashboards that are designed for users that are only allowed to see part of the data, or for info screens.
You can add dimension filters by following the steps below:
1. Click the pencil icon in the bottom right corner of the dashboard where you want to add dimension filters. This will take you to the dashboard editor of that specific dashboard.
2. Click "+Add Dropdown Menu" from the top left corner.
3. In this example we want to add a drop down for Sales by person. We select Sales in the first field called "Type" and then choose "Sales by Person" in the second field called "Dropdown Menu".
Dear Lucy offers a number of standard drop-down filters depending on your active integrations. For CRM integrations, you should always select "Sales" in the first field from the pop-up window. Remember to press save to add the filter.
4. The dropdown menu will be visible in the menu on the top, next to the "+Add Dropdown Menu" button.
5. You can further edit the Dropdown filter by pressing the filter button, "Sales by person" in this case. You can change what's included in the menu, as well as configure the dropdown menu to act as a filter of your data. However, you can also leave it as it is, and it will perfectly as a dropdown filter for all your data.
6. Return to your dashboard view to see the new filter in action. Added dimension filters will be shown in the top left corner of your dashboards.