If you are new to Dear Lucy, you first need to sign-up to proceed with the integration.
Depending on your OneDrive plan and settings, Dear Lucy offers two options for integrating with CSV files from OneDrive.
- OneDrive for Business: Use this option if you can manage access rights for users in your OneDrive, to ensure that Dear Lucy does not access internal files and documents.
- OneDrive: Use this option if access rights to your OneDrive in your company are not detailed, and all internal users can access all documents.
1. OneDrive for Business:
Once you have the CSV file populated with your data, as described in step 3 in this article, please proceed with the following steps to complete the integration.
- Create a new account / user for Dear Lucy in your OneDrive. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this may incur extra license fees to Onedrive, depending on your plan.
- Create a new Office 365 team (e.g. Dear Lucy), where email@example.com and the people from your company who will be updating the file have access to. firstname.lastname@example.org should not have access to any other content in your Onedrive. You will need to administer user access rights within your own environment in Onedrive to ensure restricted access for email@example.com.
- Upload the CSV to the new team folder/site and fill it in with your data.
- Log in to your dashboard environment and navigate to settings > integrations.
- Click the OneDrive for Business icon and follow the steps in the system.
- Once OneDrive for Business has been authenticated, Dear Lucy will run the connector to complete the integration.
With this option you create a new, personal Microsoft account for the purposes of integrating to Dear Lucy only.
- Create a new free .com account at https://signup.live.com. This account should only have files that are shared with Dear Lucy.
- In the dashboard environment, go to settings and add a new integration > OneDrive (not OneDrive for Business). Enter the credentials for the new .com account.
- Once integrated, an app folder for that account is created and visible in the environment. Click on the "Apps" folder and navigate to the "Dear Lucy Connector" folder.
- Upload your CSV file to "Apps > Dear Lucy Connector". Dear Lucy can only access files within that folder.