Dear Lucy supports SFTP server integration, reading CSV files, as long as it is tied to a concept or metric
If you are new to Dear Lucy, you first need to sign-up to proceed with the integration.
In order to add a metric, or even create a full dashboard from a CSV file, you first need to define the metric and what type of visualization you would like to see. The steps to successfully add metrics from a CSV file via a SFTP server are as follows:
- Choose what metric(s) you would like to add
- Choose how you would like the metrics to be displayed on the dashboards
- Structure the data according to Dear Lucy's event-based template
- Upload the CSV file to your SFTP Server
1. Choose your metrics
With a SFTP server integration and CSV file you can get any metric up on a Dear Lucy dashboard, as long as it is value based.
Please note that Dear Lucy dashboards are designed to show you trends and progress. Metrics should therefore preferably be measurable over time and you should ideally also share historical values for your metric.
The amount of data is restricted to 10,000 rows by default.
2. Choose how you want to visualize the metrics
The most common types of visualizations are listed below, but we also support additional visualizations if none of the examples below will suit your need.
Bear in mind that you also need to define the time-range of the metric. Would you like the figures to show monthly values, or cumulative this year by month, or weekly?, etc..
Charts and overviews have an underlying table in the drill-down, showing the details of the data comprising the chart or overview. Clicking a table will open up the full table, as only the top rows are shown on the dashboard.
3. Structure the CSV file according to Dear Lucy's event-based template
Event-based data template
The event-based data template is suitable for data that is not aggregated and that can be updated frequently. For example time reports, transactions or sales activities. Each row in the CSV file is an independent unit of data, other rows do not affect how it is interpreted. Data parameters are defined in different columns and each new event is filled in in a new row. In its simplest form, the table contains one date column, one metrics column and one value column.
Please see attachment to this article to download the template.
4. Upload the CSV file to your SFTP Server
Once the CSV file is ready you'll need to integrate it to your dashboards to see your data. The process requires input from Dear Lucy. Please follow the steps below and see the next article in this section to complete the integration:
1. Open up your SFTP server to the following IP addresses: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11. The Dear Lucy integration service runs in AWS.
2. Upload the CSV file to your SFTP server.
3. Log in to your dashboard environment and navigate to the following page: https://admin.dearlucy.co/yourcompany/connectors. "yourcompany" in the url represents your website url address for your dashboards.
4. Press ”Add Authentication” in the top right corner and select ”SFTP” from the drop-down menu.
5. Add the SFTP server credentials: i. Host, ii. Username and iii. Password
6. Once authenticated, Dear Lucy will receive a notification that your SFTP server has been authenticated. As a final step, you need to send the name of the file to Dear Lucy, you can send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.