Depending on your Sharepoint or OneDrive plan and settings, Dear Lucy offers two options for integrating MS Excel Online with Dear Lucy.
- OneDrive for Business: Use this option if you can manage access rights for users in your OneDrive, to ensure that Dear Lucy does not access internal files and documents.
- OneDrive: Use this option if access rights to your OneDrive in your company are not detailed, and all internal users can access all documents.
1. OneDrive for Business:
Once you have populated the MS Excel Online template with your data, as described in this article, please proceed with the following steps to complete the integration.
- Create a new account / user for Dear Lucy in your Sharepoint / Onedrive. For example, email@example.com. Please note that this may incur extra license fees to Sharepoint / Onedrive, depending on your plan.
- Create a new Office 365 team (e.g. Dear Lucy), where firstname.lastname@example.org and the people from your company who will be updating the file have access to (email@example.com should not have access to any other content in your Sharepoint / Onedrive). You will need to administer user access rights within your own environment in Sharepoint / Onedrive,
- Upload the Excel Online template to the new team folder/site and fill it in with your data.
- Log in to your dashboard environment and navigate to settings > integrations.
- Click the OneDrive for Business icon and follow the steps in the system.
- Once OneDrive for Business has been authenticated, Dear Lucy will run the connector to complete the integration.
With this option you create a new, personal Microsoft account for the purposes of sharing files to Dear Lucy only.
- Create a new free .com account at https://signup.live.com. This account should only have files that are shared with Dear Lucy.
- In the dashboard environment, go to settings and add a new integration > OneDrive (not OneDrive for Business). Enter the credentials for the new .com account.
- Once integrated, an app folder for that account is created and visible in the environment. Click on the "Apps" folder and navigate to the "Dear Lucy Connector" folder.
- Upload your file to "Apps > Dear Lucy Connector". Dear Lucy can only access files within that folder.