First integration may take a few minutes
The initial integration to any new system may take a few minutes, depending on the amount of data that has to be fetched. Dear Lucy fetches 24 months worth of data by default.
Please wait a few minutes and refresh your browser and you'll see your data shortly. If no data is shown within 10 minutes, please see below or contact email@example.com.
Web API enabled?
Please note that you need a Salesforce account which has web API enabled for the integration to work. Web API is not included in all Salesforce plans. Please see the following link for further information: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000326486&type=1&mode=1
Hidden fields in Salesforce opportunity view?
In some cases the Salesforce integration fails because of hidden fields in your Salesforce. By default, these fields are enabled in Salesforce, but they may have been hidden in your organization if they are not in use. The default integration to Salesforce accesses the Opportunity objects in Salesforce. It is possible to change any hidden fields that you may have, and the integration should work fine afterwards.
If there is an error with the integration, you will receive a notification within the system detailing which object fields Dear Lucy could not access. To solve this, please follow the steps below:
1. Access your Salesforce and press “settings” (the cogwheel)
2. From the left hand side menu, press “Objects and Fields” > “Object Manager”
3. In the list of Objects, press “Opportunity”
4. In the menu to the left press “Fields & Relationships”
5. Click any of the fields, in this case we're clicking "Probability (%)", since we know this is needed for the integration.
6. Press "Set Field-Level Security" to edit access to "Probability (%)"
7. Make sure all the boxes are ticked and marked visible. This process needs to be completed for the field or fields that were not accessible during the integration.
Overall, Dear Lucy needs the following fields in Salesforce to be “visible” to complete the integration:
- Account.Name / AccountId
- Owner.Name / OwnerId
We furthermore access the following fields, but these are not editable in Salesforce.
Depending on your Salesforce version and plan, the navigation to find the Object Manager > Fields and Accessibility might be slightly different. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further support with this.